Sunflower

Sunflower

Saturday, March 19, 2011

I was in Heaven today


  Otherwise known as the Arts and Crafts Festival of Fairhope, Alabama. I love when Artsfest rolls around!  They have everything and anything you can think of there.  Including lots of people, from all over the country.  I saw a couple of weavers, one was busy with a customer so I didn't talk to her, but the other is Vickie Vipperman of Kingston Springs, Tennessee.   Her website is here,  She had some very lovely things.
   Another person I talked to was an oil painter by the name of Harry Jarman, and this painting blew me away.

    It's just some eggshells!!  But his use of light is AMAZING! One of his other paintings won Best of Show.  I bought a little copy of a painting he did of a half-peeled lemon. You can see it on his website here.
   I am going back tomorrow, too, with the kids. The first day I go by myself so I can see what I want to see.
   So, yeah, no weaving really done today. But I still have 6 more hours before I have to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment