Anyway, it has been sitting in our closet with the other stuff I have woven and not sold. I knew it would be strong enough for a purse, but that I would also have to line it. Fortunately, I also had some bleached muslin left over from another project which I will use to make the lining.
I am pretty much winging it with the design. I figured the body of it would be a thin U of the lavender fabric, with the strap, woven on my inkle loom, sewn down the sides and bottom of the U.
|The loaded loom, outer fabric, and inner lining fabric.|
Once I have figured out how to do this, I will make a few others to sell on Etsy.
We'll see how this goes.