I have always been very proud of how I can figure out how to do something by reading. That is how I learned to weave, knit, spin, and put my looms, spinning wheel, and various pieces of furniture together. Changing the ratchets and pawls wasn't any different.
The right side of the loom is the side you have to work on so that was the side to take off. I used the template to place the screw for the magnet, took off the old ratchets and pawls, and attached the new ones. An extra washer to make everything fit a little more snug at each end, and then it is put back together.
It works much better now that the teeth on the pawl don't bend.
I have started a new project involving this loom. I don't want to say too much about it right now. Gotta keep an air of mystery or something, donchaknow.