Sunflower

Sunflower

Saturday, June 29, 2013

This Yarn Makes My Fingers Happy

   I love everything about this yarn: the texture, the strength, the colors are all wonderful.  I didn't mean it to, but it kind of looks Mardi Gras-y.
   This is an alpaca/silk blend yarn, so it's very soft.  I'm weaving a twill pattern called Pennsylvania Dutch. These will be a pair of shawls with two different wefts.  The first shawl is getting a weft the same as the warp, and the second one will have a weft of a handspun wool that I have had for a while.  I currently plan to make the fringe very fancy, either with beads or just multiple knots, it depends on how much patience I have with it.
  Want to see something else pretty?
   It rained the other day and when it was done I went out on our balcony and found my hanging plants with some lovely raindrops hanging on to them.  To the right is a begonia of some sort, below is an asparagus fern my mom gave me.
  Just ignore the car in the background.
  Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment