Sunflower

Sunflower

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I've Never Woven Pillow Covers Before

   I saw something in a Handwoven magazine recently on pillow covers with corduroy stripes made of embroidery floss, so I thought I would do those next. The warp, thank God, was easy enough to put on, it being entirely perle cotton and I was done with them in a month.
   It helped that most of it was in plain weave, no delay in keeping track of a pattern, and I had no tension issues.
   There were six rows of two sets of embroidery floss, with one shot of the background perle cotton in between to keep it stable. Then I had to cut the long floats of floss to make the corduroy.  It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. If I wasn't distracted I could cut a stripe 20 inches wide in fifteen minutes.
 Thank goodness for those skinny-bladed stork scissors I bought a long time ago from an antique store.

Cut and Uncut
    After the weaving came the hardest part for any weaver.....
   Cutting up what you spent so much time putting together.  I'll leave that for next time.
   Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment