Sunflower

Sunflower

Monday, March 11, 2013

It Started So Well....

    The next project to be worked on is a set of four cotton towels, using leftover yarn of differing thicknesses and and textures.  The colors are chosen randomly to be put through the reed.  Speaking of the reed...
    See the tape?  To put in the amount of ends in an inch I need, I need to put it in 2 in a slot, then 3, 2, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, etc.  To keep track of that, | is 2, and - is 3.  So easy, I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier.

Here you can better see the colors.
    It was all going so well. I got it tied on to the front and the back, loaded 3 shuttles with dark purple, sienna, and very light lavender, and started to weave.  I wove a good eight inches and then....
    POP.
    ShuffleshuffleshuffleshuffleBAP.
    The ratchet on the back came loose, and the weight of the bamboo shades I put between the layers of warp brought them and all FOUR YARDS of carefully-tightened yarn to the floor.
    I about cried.  I had to take a break before I started screaming. 
    What I did about it next time.

1 comment: