Sunflower

Sunflower

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The continuing saga of the rag rug


   So I finally got to do some work on my rag rug, beaming it onto the back beam. It took a while because its 94 inches or so. And I kept stopping to watch Sons of Guns on Discovery channel. I like when they blow stuff up.  Hee!
   Anyway, I was wrong about the colors I am using. Mahogany is in between the stripes and outer edges, one stripe is aqua and gold, the other is wine, pink, and slate gray.  Now I just need to tie it onto the front, make sure the tension is good, and start weaving. Once I get my ski shuttle I ordered. I won a football bet with Husband so I got money to get what I wanted. War Eagle!
   Here is what my first rug looks like, the one in my kitchen (obviously).
   Yeah, its a little dirty. Fortunately I can just toss it in the washer and its good.
    Now it is time for all good little girls to get their butts to bed so they can get up again in 6 hours and have a "fun" day at work. (Did you hear the sarcasm? I don't think it translates very well on here.) G'night!
    Next time, some of the rug will be woven ( I hope) and maybe I'll show you my inkle bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment