Sunflower

Sunflower

Friday, August 12, 2011

Too cute not to share

Warning: This blog has nothing to do with weaving. If you don't like that, tough noogies. This is my blog and I'll put on it what I want.
   I was getting ready for work this past week, brushing my waist-length hair in the bathroom, when I noticed Baby Girl was actually up before noon. (Bedtimes pretty much go bye-bye during the summer at my house.) She asked if she could braid my hair for me. She had to stand on the toilet so she could reach! It was really cute, and she did a pretty good job too.
   Baby Girl is my youngest, my 10-year-old, the child I was pregnant with when my world fell apart and I found out what betrayal feels like. My last baby. She will probably be the last to leave the nest, and that day can take forever coming.
   If she wants to send me to work with 20 pony tails in my hair, I will probably let her.  Before I know it she will be too old, in her mind, to play with Momma's hair.

4 comments:

  1. Great pic! And as for blogging about something besides weaving, BOY am I guilty of that...I'm all over the place. But it's my little haven and I have your attitude, if people don't like it, tough noggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's really funny is that picture is from 75 to 100 feet below. She was on top of a cliff at a bayside park. That is some pretty good zoom power!
    I like your stories about your mom and kids. I think personal stuff like that lets people know, "Hey, I'm a real person."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious -- what got you into weaving? And did the spinning come first? I have a chance at getting a used spinning wheel for FREE. Haven't seen it yet, and the only spinning I"ve done is the spindle. Should I go for it? And when I look at it, any advice what to look for? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember exactly how, but I heard of a local weaving group that was having a meeting at a park. They had a loom set up for anyone to use, I tried it, and was hooked. I got a spinning wheel because my son wanted to learn how to use it. He, of course, has never touched it! If it is free, not too freaking big, and has most of it's parts, I would definitely go for that spinning wheel. Ask the owner what kind it is so you can look it up.

    ReplyDelete