Now I have A LOT to catch up on. We have been very busy the past two and a half months.
My Wonderful Husband and I picked out a brand-new trailer, had it built, and signed the papers for it the beginning of March. By March 16th, they delivered and set it up.
It would have been delivered the week before, but it rained all that week and they don't set up trailers in the rain. That Monday was also kind of iffy because of the weight of the dump truck and how saturated and squishy the ground was, but we went forward with it and prayed for the best. We got to our land that morning at eight and waited for the guy with the first dump truck load of clay dirt. Government regulations now require you to put down a pad of clay dirt under new trailers. That called for three dump truck loads, and a three-figure dollar amount. The man who prepared the clay pad also was the one with the team that set up the trailer. He was really whizzing around on that little Bobcat!
While we were waiting for the second load of clay, the guy with the Bobcat asked if there was anything else I wanted uprooted or knocked down. Why, yes! There was a large rhododendron growing in the backyard I was going to eventually get rid of since they are poisonous to goats. It took him a few seconds flat to push that ten-foot tall tree over. Those Bobcats are really strong, as shown with the third load of dirt when the dump truck got stuck up to it's back-most axle!
The mobile home got to our road at 1130, and had to BACK IN from the main road! Granted, we are maybe 1/5 mile from the main road, but I couldn't do that with a regular car, let alone and 80 foot trailer. Watching them maneuver that huge thing in and onto where we wanted it made me very nervous.
This post is way too long, I am tired, and I will leave more for another day.